NOTICE OF VACANT McCRACKEN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The McCracken County Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing Division #5. This appointment will be effective until the November 2022 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at McCracken County Board of Education, 5347 Benton Road, Paducah, Kentucky 42003, or online at www.mccracken.kyschools.us.
Mail applications to: Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 5347 Benton Road, Paducah, KY 42003.
Applications must either be postmarked by Wednesday, February 24, 2021, or may be delivered to 5347 Benton Road, Paducah, Kentucky, no later than February 24, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.