November “Writers of the Month” Selections
Congratulations to our students who had their writing pieces chosen for the month of November! Each month, there will be students selected from each grade level to be named, “Writers of the Month!”
Kindergarten – Eden Harris, McKenzie Waddell, Alexa Johnson
First Grade – Zoey Brooks, Calleigh Eidson, Emy Morgan
Second Grade – Braxton Garland, Addi Lister, Hope Smith, Carter White
Third Grade – Braden French, Falon Dowdy, Parker Mansfield
Fourth Grade – Brooke Humphrey, Evie Robertson, Shade Davidson
Fifth Grade – Trinity Johnson, Sydney Bell, Emma Bell, Bree Downs
Pirate Party Night – Nacho Average Science & Math Night
“Nacho Average Math and Science Night”
Tuesday December 6, 2016
FREE Dinner (Nachos, etc.), Science show by Jason Lindsey from Hooked on Science, Science games and activities for the whole family, & math games and activities with Murray State University Elementary Education students!! All students will receive a bag of math activities to take home!
Successful Pirate Bike Giveaway
Beginning November 28th and continuing through December 16th, we are going to have a Successful Pirate Bike Giveaway (one boy and one girl) at our 2nd Nine Weeks Celebration.
Here are the specifics:
Students will be eligible for the bike giveaway if they have:
- No behavior consequences from Nov. 28-Dec. 16
- Perfect attendance from Nov. 28-Dec. 16
- Put forth exceptional effort from Nov. 28-Dec. 16
Students who meet the expectations will be put in the drawing and the winners will be announced at our 2nd Nine Weeks Celebration!
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas St. Jude Drive
December 12th-16th will be our ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Week – St. Jude Drive! Students will be asked to donate $1 to participate in the dress-up days, although additional donations are welcome! All proceeds will be donated to the St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Our Student Council is leading this event and we appreciate their leadership in this service project!
- Monday: Christmas Sock Day
- Tuesday: Christmas Program Attire
- Wednesday: Christmas Hat Day (Santa hat, elf ears, antlers, etc.)
- Thursday: Ugly Christmas Sweater
- Friday: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas PJ Day
Christmas Programs – Mark your calendars!
Kindergarten-2nd Grade: December 13, 2016 - 9:30 am @ Heath Middle School Auditorium
3rd-5th Grade: December 13, 2016 - 1:00 pm @ Heath Middle School Auditorium
Paducah Power Canned Food Drive – Nov. 28th - Dec. 14th
We are participating in the 2016 Paducah Power Canned Food Drive! This year’s competition will run from Monday, Nov. 28th to Wednesday, Dec. 14th. The winners are based on the pounds of canned goods collected per student. They will divide our total number of pounds by our enrollment. PPS will give the following awards:
$1,000-First place for a school with 500 or more students
$250-Second place for a school with 500 or more students
$1,000-First place for a school with 1-499 students
$250-Second place for a school with 1-499 students
Here are the rules:
1. Household items are not included in this drive. Nonperishable food items only, please.
2. Only 300 pounds of our school’s total collection may come from individual items weighing five or more pounds each. For example: 5 lb bags of sugar & flour, large bags of rice. In other words, we cannot collect only heavy individual items. Cases of canned goods are excluded from this rule.
3. We must stop collecting items by 11:59pm on December 14th.
Salvation Army Christmas Assistance
If your family is in need of assistance for Christmas, please check out this link: Christmas Assistance Flyer